2017 Annual Conference
ACDN Annual Conference offers a wealth of training, inspiration, and community building for nonprofit leaders who empower women and men seeking jobs.
ACDN National Conference - October 19-21, 2017
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, 888 Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262
The two-day annual conference is our premier professional development event, focused on sharing best practices and building program capacity to strengthen the effectiveness of your services and the sustainability of your organization.
- Welcome Reception at hotel (Thursday evening, October 19th, 6-8pm)
- Reception and tour of Desert Best Friend's Closet and group dinner (Friday, October 20th, 5:30-8:30pm)
- Keynote Speakers: Allison Engel and Maricia Moore, Authors, ThriftStyle: The Ultimate Bargain Shopper's Guide to Smart Fashion
- Daily breakfast and lunch (Friday + Saturday)
- Engaging and informative sessions held:
- Friday, October 20, 2017: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Exciting announcements for 2018
- Participate in the annual meeting with Alliance of Career Development Nonprofits board and meet the incoming board members. Attendance and participation at the Annual Meeting is restricted to Alliance of Career Development Nonprofits Members only
- Preview Agenda (Last updated 10/15/17)
2017 Keynote Speakers:
Allison Engel & Maricia Moore
Allison Engel has written articles for Esquire, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, and other publications. She holds a bachelor's degrees in textiles/clothing and journalism, helps run the Los Angeles Institute for the Humanities, and regularly writes about LA's textile district and costume designers. She co-authored Food Finds: America's Best Local Foods and the People Who Produce Them (William Morrow Cookbooks) with her sister, Margaret Engel. In September 2017, Alison published ThriftStyle: The Ultimate Bargain Shopper’s Guide to Smart Fashion, with co-authors Maricia Moore and Margaret Engel.
Television producer Maricia "Reise" Moore is a thrift-store fanatic. What started out ten years ago as a begrudging trip to a thrift store swiftly became a passion for quality, beautiful, and unique clothes at rock-bottom prices. She lives in Los Angeles.
Eve Fromberg-Edelstein, Esq.
Fromberg, Edelstein, Fromberg
Director, Center for Nonprofit Advancement
M.S., CFRE, and Founder/CEO WSB, LLC
Philanthropic Services Officer, The Community Foundation