In honor of Women’s History Month, members of the Alliance of Career Development Nonprofits (ACDN) will hold events in March in select cities in the U.S. aimed at helping women prepare for employment. National Smart & Sexy Day events inspire women – boosting their self-confidence so that they feel assured, confident and, most of all, employable. The holiday was launched in 2012 by the Alliance and sponsored by Smart & Sexy, one of the largest privately held lingerie companies in the country. The official holiday designation is on March 13th.
As part of the celebration, the Alliance of Career Development Nonprofit (ACDN) member organizations will provide a day of workforce training, professional image classes and individual support for women with the goal of enabling them to take action, secure employment and enhance the quality of their lives. Women who attend Smart & Sexy Day events at a participating ACDN location will receive Smart & Sexy foundation garments from Smart & Sexy as well as job seeking skills training from leading local industry professionals and dedicated volunteers. The impact of the day is to demonstrate how Smart & Sexy, ACDN and their member organizations support women in more ways than one! Attendees will also be taught how to shop and build a professional wardrobe on a budget.
Learn more about last year's event. Read the event blog, 2017 ACDN National Smart & Sexy Day Highlights
2018 Participating ACDN Smart & Sexy Day Host Locations (Nationwide):
- Bottomless Closet (New York, NY) - March 13
- Career Wardrobe (Philadelphia, PA) - March 26
- Desert Best Friend’s Closet (Palm Desert, CA) – March 9
- Jackets for Jobs, Inc. (Detroit, MI) – March 21
- Junior League of Elizabeth Plainfield Career Closet (Cranford, NJ) – March 20
- Ladies of Valor Empowerment (Miami, FL) - March 17
- MadeIt Foundation (Baltimore, MD) – March 10
- Shining Success (Claremont, NH) – March 24
- Suited for Success (Oklahoma City, OK) - March 20
- Tailored for Success (Malden, MA) – March 27
- Transforming Lives & Restoring Hope, Inc. (Roanoke Rapids, NC) – March 17
- WHW (Santa Ana, CA) – March 23