Let’s face it: as much as we are loving the Summer sun, we are anxiously awaiting Fall fashion and all its glory! Sadly, buying all of the latest trendy clothing can make a big dent in your wallet, especially if you want quality brands. Fortunately, there are plenty of fabulous resale stores around the city that provide you with in style pieces at amazing prices!
And the best part? Many of them are charitable and help support some incredible causes. Dress for the Day (DFTD) is so incredibly honored to partner with the Alliance of Career Development Nonprofits (ACDN), which helps men and women enter and rejoin the workforce. ACDN Member locations across the nation outfit women and men for their interviews at no cost and many of them have resale shops to support their mission. Working with ACDN has been amazing on so many levels: we are able to encourage women to gain confidence through fashion, while achieving career goals.
We encourage you to scope out ACDN members’ resale shops and discover designer pieces for unbeatable prices. Your shopping experience is sure to be inspirational! All of the ACDN Member locations and their resale locations are available online. Here’s a sampling of ACDN Members’ resale boutiques:
· Deja New, 711 West 17th Avenue, #A10, Costa Mesa, CA 92627, Web: http://www.whw.org/shop-for-a-cause/shop-deja-new
· Charity’s Closet (Women’s Clothing) & Phil's Closet (Men's Clothing) and Cherie Amour (Bridal Gowns), Historic Savage Mill, 8600 Foundry Street, New Weave Building #4, Savage, MD 20763, Web: http://www.successinstyle.org/charitys-closet/
· Charity’s Closet, Located insideThe Center at Glen Burnie, Lane Bryant entrance, 6711 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
· Image for Success, 1557 4th Street, San Rafael, CA 94901, Web: www.imageforsuccess.org
· Jackets for Jobs, Inc. Boutique, 455 W. Fort Street, Detroit, MI 48226, Web: www.jacketsforjobs.org
· Wardrobe Boutique, 1822 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130, Web: www.wardrobeboutique.org